Swedesd söker en adjunkt
Nu söker vi en adjunkt till vårt nystartade masterprogram i implementering, transformativt lärande och hållbarhet. Vill du vara med och utveckla Swedesd och våra utbildningar? Har du ett intresse för de utmaningar inom global hälsa och hållbarhet världen står inför? Vill du jobba i en spännande interdisciplinär miljö? Välkommen med din ansökan!
Environmental Communication Days 2022
The Environmental Communication Day is an annual event arranged by the research program Mistra Environmental Communication, and is aimed at social actors who in one way or another use environmental communication or communication for sustainability in their practices within, for example, authorities, companies and NGOs and other organizations. We want to inspire and spread experiences, as well as discuss the latest insights from research and research-based tools from the program, in terms of meaning-making and communicating for a more sustainable world.
This year's themes were:
- Dialogue in community planning – Power and reflection. The Reflection Cycle was presented here, which is a tool for developing the ability to lead dialogues about sustainability challenges.
- Dialogue in community planning – Combining nudging and citizen participation.
- Here we talked about how nudging and citizen participation can be combined in site development and community planning, including through a sustainability walk.
- Interactive and Innovative Aspects of Environmental Communication - Co-Creating an Inclusive Circular Economy In this co-creative session, all participants shared their ideas and understanding of what circular economy is and should be, to promote the transition to a new and broader more inclusive circular economy – one that takes social justice into account and creates synergies between different efforts and actors at different levels.
- Sustainable consumption - Campaigns. In this session, both the practical and theoretical challenges and opportunities arising from trying to change unsustainable consumption patterns with the help of communication and campaigns were discussed.
- Sustainable consumption - Storytelling. Pitfalls and opportunities with different types of storytelling were discussed here, as well as what role storytelling can play in the work for sustainable consumption.
ESD Science Lab for BUP Teachers
Supported by Baltic University Programme, a short-term project “ESD Science Lab for BUP Teachers” has been realized in May-October 2022 by a joint team of Riga Technical University, Åbo Academy, and SWEDESD at Uppsala University. The project team, based both on expertise in ESD methods, teachers education, and a solid practical experience of working with BUP teachers, organized an ESD Science Lab as a series of educational and research coaching events for selected university teachers from the Baltic region, aimed to strengthen their skills and knowledge in publishing scientific research findings in peer-reviewed journals. More than 20 participants from Poland, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia went through all project activities, including 2-days intensive summer school hosted by Riga Technical University on August 25-26 2022.